How To Get Rid Of Pimples (Zits) Fast, Overnight & Naturally
Whatever reason it may be, having pimples (also known as acne or zits) on face doesn’t look good.
Situation become worse when you realize that you got a pimple on face and have to attend a fashion show, college, family function or even have to go for a date by next morning. Your brain pushes a panic button.
Well, you do not need to worry any more as medicine advanced in last many decades treating pimples aka zits become Childs play. Though before you start your treatment for acne, it is always better to understand basic pathology behind pimple. Once you understand the underlying cause of these zits you can easily overcome the situation.
Pimples are commonly known as acne, rosacea, zits or beauty spots. It comes either in a bunch or single. It is further divided in multiple groups as per their location on body as well as their pathology.
What is a pimple or zit?
Pimple is small blister on skin which is most of the time contain pus and resulted from blockage of sebaceous gland. Blockage of sebaceous gland leads to easy infection with bacteria’s that leads to inflammation, swelling and redness. If not treated correctly ends up filling with pus.
Causes of Pimples –
Pimples are common during puberty. (Puberty is a stage of our life when child body develops into adult body. Many hormonal changes occur during this age. Age of 11 to 17 is a period of puberty.)
Sebaceous glands are located inside the pores of our skin. Outer layer of our skin is in process of shedding skin dead cells.
Sometime this dead skin cell does not get removed properly and blocks pores of our skin resulting in blocking of sebaceous gland.
Our skin is place where many harmless bacteria live (for example ‘Propionibacterium Acne’ – a species of bacteria that supposed to cause of acne). Once these pores of sebaceous glands get blocked these acne bacteria get favourable condition to grow rapidly. This bacterium usually feeds on sebum that our skin normally builds and triggers an immune response in our body which cause inflammation of sebaceous gland and build up pus inside.
Common causes of pimples are –
- Unhealthy, dirty skin that favours growth of P. Acne bacterium.
- Increased level of hormone Testosterone. (Increased level of this hormone triggers increased production of sebum.)
- Eating the food products that have high glycemic index. (As per ‘Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ there is some evidence that suggest high glycemic food product are linked to acne. Tough there is no controlled trial has been performed on this issue.)
- Irregular pattern of eating and inadequate hours of sleep may be linked to acne
- Hereditary cause – In some case acne can be hereditary.
Different types of acne (pimples & zits)
- Acne Vulgarious – This is a medical term for common form of acne.
- Comedones – Is basically a closed hair follicle, which is clogged filled with sebum & dead skin cells. It is further divided in two types – Closed comedones (whiteheads) & open comedones (Blackheads)
- Pustules – Are inflamed pimples which are filled with white or yellow pus at the centre. It appears like whiteheads with reddish circle around them.
- Papules – Are small pinkish bumps that appear on skin and rounded in shape as well as rise above the skin surface.
- Nodules – These are the papules that grow bigger in size and solid in nature. It is located deep skin layers and most times can be painful.
- Cysts – Are pinkish, pus filled sacs that rise above the skin surface and often leaves scar on skin when break open. Many times it looks like a boil.
People who get cysts and nodules often prone to get sever form acne.
How to get rid of pimples (acne, spots and zits) -
With some changes in lifestyle and proper medication pimples can treated easily.
Change Your Diet – As we discussed before, food products with high glycemic index can cause pimples. SO it is always better to avoid them if you are prone to get pimples.
Switch to more healthy diet. Avoid all dairy products that have high GI like breads, cakes, Ice cream etc. Instead opt for green leafy vegetables, fruits and salads.
Keep Your Face Clean – This is a key to avoid clogged hair follicles. Wash your face 3 to 4 times a day with clean water and use mild face wash before going to bed. Keeping your face clean you avoid blockage of sebum glands.
Get Adequate Sleep – Every human being needs 7 to 8 hrs of sound sleep. During sleep hours most systems of our body slows down but the system that repairs cells & help growth start working at its top gear. So allow your skin cells to repair properly, take good sleep. Take a shower before goind to bed and after exercise.
Do not touch or POP the pimple – We know it’s hard not to touch pimple, but you should be avoiding this act to save yourself from getting an acne scar. Popping a pimple may allow infection to spread more deep within your skin. Once infection reaches to deep layers of skin more blockage and inflammation will follow. So avoid it.
Be Cautious while using makeup – Use non-comedogenic or non-acnegenic makeup. Do not forget to take down makeup before you go to bed.
Live stress free & enjoy the life – Acne is not a life threatening disorder, so relax. Enjoy your life. Remove all stress from your mind and have fun with family and friends. Reduced stress triggers immunity and help you to fight against these zits.
Seek Medical Advice – If your pimples getting worse, seek medical advice from a dermatologist. He will guide you through all the steps to get rid of pimples fast and will also give you the proper medication, antibiotics and topical treatment that suits to your system.
Try Home Remedies for acne – Home remedies are life savour. There are many kitchen ingredients available easily that you can use as home remedies for pimples. Give them a try but be sure that you are not allergic to them. Here is our list of Home remedies for pimples
Avoid Smoking & Alcohol – Bad skin is directly linked to smoking. Avoid these bad habits which ruins your immunity.